Don’t have any video or downloadable content? Then follow the steps below to create your Zydii course. If you have created videos already, skip to Producing your Course.
Step 1: Plan your course
Planning your course is the first step on your course creation journey and it’s very important to provide yourself with a solid foundation for building the rest of your course.
- Decide what you want to teach. You probably have an idea of what you want to teach, and now it’s time to get really specific. Think about how you want to differentiate your course. Specialized topics shine in our marketplace, and we encourage you to choose one with a specific audience in mind, rather than going too broad.
- Craft your course goals. This will help you identify who your target audience is, and what you want them to learn from your course. Getting course goals right will go a long way in helping you create a great course structure.
- Use your course goals to create a course structure. This is where you scope the content of your course to ensure that there is enough content for students to engage with and achieve their objectives. This is also where you think through how you want to organize your content. Be sure to conclude each section with a summary, to sum up what students have learned.
- Break down your course into lectures and describe them. This step is to help you get more detailed about your content, and break it down into individual sections and lectures. Write a lecture description for each lecture, summarizing what students will learn.
Step 2: Produce your course
This is the real meat and potatoes of your course creation process! Get ready to produce your own videos.
- Select which application you will use; Other than shooting videos – either individually or Via a Zydii partnership – we recommend Prezi and PowerPoint. To learn how to create a video using this use our Tips.
- Script out your course. To make sure you’re covering all of the topics you planned on.
- Practice your script. It is important to practice your script a few times to make sure you’ve got your instructor delivery down. Students love teachers who are passionate, interesting, and not monotonous so make sure you keep those energy levels up! While scripting the course, plan different ways of delivering your content to maximize student engagement.
- Check against our course quality checklist. Before you start recording your course, do a once over of the course quality checklist to make sure that everything is according to plan
- Create your videos. Use the recommended applications to help you create your videos.
Step 3: Publish your course
Congratulations! It’s finally here — share with the Zydii team for publishing and start actually teaching students.